Welcome to Dublin Phoenix Nordic Walking Club
- Ireland's First Nordic Walking Club.
Are you looking for a new sport, leisure pursuit or recreational
Then, Nordic Walking might be for you!
We are delighted to welcome new members. Why not join us for an activity that is good for your health and also affords an opportunity for fun in a sociable setting.
- is fun
- - is easy to learn
- - suits all levels of fitness
- - can be done anywhere
- - suits all age groups
- - particularly suitable for older adults
- - feels easier than normal walking - works your upper and lower body
- - strengthens "core muscles"
- - helps maintain back strength
- - good for conditioning the abdominal muscles
- - decreases neck and shoulder tension
- - improves cardiovascular fitness
- - increases stamina
- - reduces stress on hips, knees and feet
- - improves both posture and balance
- - burns more calories
- - has mood boosting effects
- - increases energy levels
- - outdoor exercise - in touch with nature
- - It is very sociable - you can walk and talk
- - It is cheap! Important in these recessionary times.
- - It has all the benefits of ordinary walking and much
Nordic walking is an enhancement of normal walking using specially
warm up and stretching exercises using the poles
Our club is still open to new members.
We meet and walk in the Phoenix Park, Dublin. We walk every Monday and Saturday mornings throughout the year with an additional evening walk during the summer months.
Membership for the year costs €20 which also includes insurance.
For further info,
phone or text ;- Kathleen Barry 086- 042 79 89 - (any evening or weekend).
visit our web page at www.nordicwalkers.ie
Have Fun, Meet New Friends and Get Fit!